I've been promising my Mom that I'd make her a book to store her take out menus and it finally happened! It is my parents 39th Wedding Anniversary in a couple of days so I thought now would be a perfect time to make it for them. It was so fun to make that I couldn't help but share a how to! Enjoy :)
pattern paper (about 4 - 12 X 12 pieces)
3 X 3 Post It Note pad
3 inch strip of ribbon
Zutter binding system, binder rings, or ribbon
1. Trim your chipboard pieces, one to measure 6 X 11 and one to measure 7 X 11.
2. Trim your pattern paper to measure 7 X 12 and 8 X 12. Adhere these using Elmers Spray Adhesive to your chipboard. The 7 X 12 piece goes with the 6 X 11 chipboard and the 8 X 12 goes with the 7 X 11 chipboard.
3. Miter the corners of your paper. Fold the sides of your paper to go around the chipboard. Adhere these sides to the chipboard.
4. Trim two pieces of pattern paper to measure 5 3/4 X 10 3/4 and 6 3/4 X 10 3/4. Adhere the 6 3/4 X 10 3/4 to the inside of your 7 X 11 chipboard.
For the 5 3/4 X 10 3/4 paper, using an X-Acto knife, make a small slice the width of your paperclip at about 6 inches from the top and 2 7/8 in. Insert your paper clip and adhere pattern paper to the 6 X 11 chipboard. For added protection, attach a 3 X 3 piece of cardstock under your paperclip.
5. Bind your portfolio either using a binding system such as a Zutter or you could use binder rings or ribbon.
6. Cut a piece of pattern paper to measure 3 X 9. Score at 2 1/2, 3, 6, and 6 1/2 inches. Fold on score lines and attach Post It Note pad in the centre. Fold over to protect your Post It Notes and keep in place with a Velcro circle. Decorate as desired.
Fold your ribbon in loop that is wide enough to store your pen and adhere to the back of your covered Post It Note pad.
7. Adhere to the inside cover of your portfolio.
8. Trim a piece of pattern paper to measure 6 X 6. Fold the top down and apply adhesive to keep in place.
Trim two pieces of cardstock to measure 2 1/2 X 5. Score at 1/2", 1", 1 1/2", 2", and 2 1/2" and accordion fold. Apply these pieces to the left and right backside of your pattern paper.
9. Apply adhesive to the accordion folds and the bottom of your pattern paper and adhere to your covered 7 X 11 chipboard piece. Use clothes pins to hold in place while it dries.
The finished inside...
American Crafts Supplies:
Pattern Paper: Magnolia Lane, Chateau Court, Cobbler Cover, Rocklin Lane, and Sugar Blvd. (Abode collection)
Chipboard Shapes: Craft Fair (My House)
Thickers: Leg Warmers
Ribbon: Everyday (from spool)
chipboard; Spray Adhesive (Elmers); Cardstock (Bazzill); small binder clip.
Have a happy day,