I made this little owlet yesterday and thought it would be fun to share how to make her! It makes for a quick and easy summer project :)
Fabric (Snapdragon Soiree, Tickled Tulip, and Firefly Festival fabric from the American Crafts - Dear Lizzy collection)
2 croqueted flowers (American Crafts - Dear Lizzy)
2 large white buttons, 2 small black buttons
small piece of orange felt
embroidery floss, needle
scissors, pencil, glue
1. Print out pattern on cardstock and cut out the three pieces. Trace 2 body pieces on fabric (the American Crafts sticky back fabric works perfectly because you can trace on the paper backside) and cut out.
2. Trace one tummy piece and cut out.
3. If desired separte the sticky paper off fabric for the body pieces. This will make it easier to stuff the owlet.
4. Stick down the tummy piece to the front body piece and straight stitch around to keep in place.
5. Blanket stitch about 1/2 way around your owl and stuff. I used tissue paper but next time I'm going to use a softer stuffing :) Only stuff the bottom portion of your owlet as we'll need to fold over the top portion for the head.
Everytime I want to do a blanket stitch I totally forget how LOL! So I watch my favorite blanket stitch video on YouTube...
6. Fold over the pointed top portion of the owlet and sew on a large croqueted flower, a large white and a small black button for each eye. Trace and cut out beak and stitch on at this time as well (not shown).
7. Stitch the head down to keep in place. I used a little bit of glue as well.
Your owlet is now complete!